Mail Scam > General Discussion | MAD WORLD - AGE OF DARKNESS

General Discussion

[General Discussion] Mail Scam

profile_image
  • Writerlapipahumana
  • Written Date2023-05-04 06:20
  • Count3
I received an in-game email trying to scam 400k of my gold. I guess I'm not the only one he tried to scam because his nickname is "Notify".
Like 1 Dislike 0
Comments 3

List of comments

Comment by MustPlay의 댓글

profile_image MustPlay Written Date

Woah!  If this is a scam  ... then I just got scammed as well.  I had nearly 300k gold.  Got the same in-game mail about a Daily Log-in reward for 200k gold.  and when I accepted it, I lost 200k gold.

apparently, if you look at the Send Mail page ... there is a check box to ""BILL"" a player for gold.  and I guess, when we accept ... what we are accepted is to be billed for the amount of gold listed.  WHAT A DUMB E-MAIL SYSTEM.  it's just asking to be exploited.

Comment by primefactorxiii의 댓글

profile_image primefactorxiii Written Date

Got me too...individual named "Mailbox" and "Reward", I sent a ticket just now and condemned the mail system as well. I think the devs wanted a way of players trading via mail...but this just fails hard and is not necessary :( better off just having two players meet up and have a trade UI like all other MMOs.  doing trading through mail is too easily exploitable... edit: gave post a thumbs up

Comment by lapipahumana의 댓글

profile_image lapipahumana Written Date

This system needs a fix asap. players are sending this mails constantly and it will just be worst if dont fixed (i already received 4).
This case is weird because its the only scam message i received from a non existing account so maybe hes using some kind of hack to deliver the money and dont get caught.
We need a way to contact developers because bug report is disabled and i don't think they are going to read this.